Photobucket
http://airrakyat.epetitions.net/images/petitions/046bde8e644231f0515ba45e14f2e9df/topBanner.jpg

22 February 2009

eLawyer Law Conference 2009 - “Blogging and Law”


Klik gambar untuk paparan lebih jelas

It’s not very difficult to start a blog these days. The last time we checked, we have bloggers who are children as young as 8 years old to grandparents as old as 80. Sure, people do know blogging is all about expressing ourselves, but do you know that you’re held responsible for what you blog and get sued or sometimes facing the threat of being sentenced to spend years in jail?

It is however, understandable that not every blogger is well versed with the law, and therefore don’t know their rights and liabilities. I’m quite sure some of us might have pondered over the following questions;

- Is it against the law when I link to other blogs?
- What should I do if someone claims that I have infringed his or her copyrights?
- Do I have rights to ask someone to remove the link to my blog?
- Can I use pictures found in other websites or google images?
- If I found out others have defamed me in their blogs, what should I do?

To shed light to our pondering, Nuffnang is proud to be an online partner of the upcoming eLawyer Law Conference 2009, themed “Blogging and Law”. Details of the upcoming conference as follow;

Theme: Blogging and Law
Date: 14 March 2009
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Fees: F.O.C.
Venue: Auditorium Tun Mohd Suffian, UM Law Faculty
Co-Organiser: Law Society of University of Malaya


Topic 1: Blogging & Intellectual Property Law in Malaysia (By Mr. Foong Cheong Leong, KL Lawyer & Blogger)


You will learn about:
1. Is it against the law when I link to other blogs?
2. What should I do if someone claims that I have infringed his or her copyrights?
3. Do I have rights to ask someone to remove the link to my blog?
4. Can I use pictures found in other websites or google images?
And many more…

Topic 2: Blogging & Defamation Law in Malaysia (By Mr. Nizam Bashir, Malacca Lawyer & Blogger)


You will learn about:
1. What amount to defamatory statement?
2. What should I do if someone claims that the content of my blog defames him?
3. If I have found out others have defamed me in their blog, what shall I do?
4. What are the remedies available for defamation action?
And many more…

Registration: The admission to this conference is FREE. However, please R.S.V.P by sending your details (Name, Tel, Email, Occupation and Organisation) to forum@elawyer.com.my on or before 10 March 2009

Source:
www.nuffnang.com.my

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...